Sunday, October 18, 2009

if only there was sulphur in dreams

This painting is probably the largest I've done this past year - 16"x20," acrylics and color pencils on Rives BFK. I think it took about the span of a week to finish.

If Only There was Sulphur in Dreams will be showcased at the Tata Gala exhibition in Sarasota, Florida, on November 14th. The event will be advocating breast cancer awareness, in which proceeds will go towards the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I'm hoping to be there in person but from the looks of things, I may miss out. But if you're in the Sarasota area, please come share the love for some amazing artists including Francis Vallejo, Erik Jones, Nathan Fox, and many more.



Final:


Aside from that, I've been invited by Thinkspace Gallery to partake in Aqua Art Miami in December. I'm especially looking forward to this since it's concurrent with Art Basel Miami Beach, and I'll hopefully have a chance to meet Joao Ruas, Nathan DeYoung, Scott Radke, and so on. I've also been invited to do a group show in New York with Giant Robot but that's still in its obscurity. I'll update as soon as it's confirmed.

Also, I watched Where the Wild Things Are the other day and it was like frolicking in a field of visual bliss...I felt damn awesome.

7 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous piece <3
    I'm particularly in love with the lovely gradations of color used in her skin.

    and I can't wait to see that movie! I've been waiting patiently. Glad to see it was good!

    Also, thanks for answering me the last time <3 really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...

    you are really a talented (or/and hardworking and creative) person ! it looks alot like a Klimt painting, don't you think ? anyway i love it... amazing painting skills...

    congratulations for this one, very poetic !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that turned out great! I'm so glad you are able to participate in the Tata Gala show. Like you, I wish I could go to see all of the paintings in person, but it looks like its not in the cards. I'm hoping they'll have everything online at some point.

    ReplyDelete