Tuesday, October 20, 2009

post - eden fair




Unfortunately, I didn't get to attend the Beyond Eden Art Fair (photos) and from what I hear, the turnout was extraordinary - over 6,000 spectators. Out of my three contributions, Our Flutter-some Ordeal was purchased by a very kind buyer whom I'm so grateful to, and the other two will be re-showcased at the ArtBox. The ArtBox is an art exhibition in which 25% of the benefits will go towards the Heal The Bay Foundation of southern California. It's scheduled on Nov. 13th (the day before the Tata Gala) at:

BOXeight studios
1446 E. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90021

The gallery space is absolutely phenomenal, kind of like some of the historical buildings here in Savannah.

Speaking of Savannah, Director Robert Redford has been filming The Conspirator, starring James McAvoy (Atonement), about a block from my apartment. I took this photo around 4am while coming home from work. Apparently, they closed off the square to shoot a climatic scene with the help of some epic lighting, artificial fog, and I think I saw a cow there too (random)? It'd be pretty nifty if I was able to shadow the production crew and see all the behind-the-scene, cinematic process...or meet James.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sale of your pieces Tran. That dude's painting is way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, thanks Lyle. I do agree, it's a sick painting yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i picked up the latest copy of hi-fructose and juxtapoz. Both magazines have ads that have your name in it! Hahah, i'm sure it's no surprise to you. The ad in hi-fructose is for thinkspace and it mentioned your name for upcoming shows in 2010. And the one for juxtapoz is a list of all artist that will be contributing to the auction and it also have a small picture of your "Furiae" piece you're donating.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I didn't know it was published in those issues. Thanks for the notification. **runs to Barnes & Nobles**

    ReplyDelete