Saturday, November 28, 2009

meet me in miami


This coming weekend is the gigantic contemporary art fair in Miami, FL - Aqua Art (Wynwood) & Art Basel (South Beach). Two of my recent paintings will be showcased at Aqua Art in the Thinkspace Booth #25. Above is the line-up for the artists who's also a part of Futurity. I'll be present during these events so drop by and say hello! Always happy to meet you.

I recently chatted with Eric Nakamura, publisher of Giant Robot Magazine, about the previously mentioned GR group show. I'll be committing 3 paintings for the event, which will be set in January at GRNY, along with five other contributing artists. More info coming soon.

Till then, enjoy my random doodle:

5 comments:

  1. I think you should paint that doodle! it looks lovely.

    I'd love to be in miami... it'd get me away from this cold place, but I'm too poor of a college student to go :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet your work is coming to my neighborhood ill definitely be checking it out.. great drawing on that latest piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. JB: Yeah...doesn't it suck not having money? I was once a poor college student, now I'm just poor.

    El Gato: Awesome, maybe I'll run into you down there...though I wouldn't recognize you even if I did see you, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tran: no kidding. Me and my fiance are kind of getting ourselves involved in buying a house, which leaves us pinching pennies for now, so I'm just as poor.

    Also, did you ever get my note over DA about chatting up sometime? I have a few questions I'd love to discuss! but ...I fear it'd take forever over blogger or DA. just let me know if you have somewhere I can contact you!

    And enjoy your trip to Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JB: Sorry I didn't get back to you over at DA. I've been busy lately. I've explained some of my painting details in the most recent post so hopefully that answers your questions. If not, shoot an email to me.

    ReplyDelete