Tuesday, June 1, 2010

my favs & artwalk

Art-related Recommendations
Brush: Escoda - A bit on the expensive side but well-worth your money.

Paper: Rives BFK, Stonehenge, & Arches

Acrylic paint: Golden & Liquitex - Artist grade paint, I'm sure we can agree to this consensus.

Marker/Color Pencil: Prismacolor

Back Pain Aid: Olay Multi-vitamins (if you're female) - I'm sure you get those chronic back pains from crouching over the drafting table so much. Take vitamins. It'll do you good in the long run.

Inspirational Film: Any Hayao Miyazaki (Studio Ghibli) Film


Also, don't forget that the Culver City Artwalk is this coming Saturday featuring works from artists such as Kelly Vivanco, Jacub Gagnon, Stella Im Hultberg, and me.



P.S. To the SCAD graduates of '10...congratulations.
(w/ the newly grads)

(w/ fellow alumnus Michael Luckhardt)

(the happy jump)

4 comments:

  1. Graduation. God I can't wait until I'm done with school either. Congratulations to the graduates!

    also, that color looks amazing on you (your dress)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo Tran, sorry I missed you at graduation. I wish I had gotten a picture with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miyazaki is THE MAN. I have one escoda brush and I think I eventually just started using it for everything. Maybe I should get more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jael: An early congrats to you once you've reached your commencement.

    Lyle: Yeah, would have been nice to take a snapshot with you so that in the near future, (when you're working for the big dogs) I can prove that I knew you.

    Hunter: +5 to you.

    ReplyDelete