Wednesday, January 5, 2011

something to think about

...I came across a debonair fox and his fanciful monocle. He took me by the hand and said, "Come, come, help my friend whose bulbous head is stuck in a tree-hole."

Ducking, turning, twisting, churning, we came upon the peculiar girl and her peculiar situation. "Save me!" she exclaimed. Feeble and helpless, I refrained from answering. Then, I noticed yet another odd, beak-nosed boy. He quacked and tracked and urged me to help his friend. "But I am just a frail mind," I told the boy. Then suddenly, the boy and the fox turned their unusual bodies toward me and their eyes began to pierce my soul...I stood still, trying to hold on to a relapsed sanity...


(WIP)

9 comments:

  1. Miyazaki movie? he totally reminds me of the fox. Oh what's his name? I can't recall.

    Lovely composition. looking forward to the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have a story for this piece. I'm looking forward to seeing this with color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exiting developments are happening with your work. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the art as always but WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST READ? It's awesome, but I don't know why and I'm not sure I want to know. The rabbit hole ends here, I'm bailing. Thank you Tran.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the chick with the bug-eyes is going to give me nightmares this week. thanks tran.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your art....is really inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this! I especially love that delicate little bird face under the hood. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome...!
    I wish you'd make a video of you painting..

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Hmmm...I wish Blogger had an easier way of responding to each comment.)

    Jael: Are you referring to The Cat Returns? That was an awesome movie! Thanks for the commment, Jael!

    Mary: I actually wrote the short story after I finished the sketch.

    Sean: Thanks, Sean!

    Scibotic: Lol, it's a bit bizarre, I know. But sometimes, you need bizarre things in your life.

    Sam: Hehe. Good.

    Cereal Killer: Thanks so much!

    Lalipup: Awesome that you like the bird boy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete