Wednesday, March 23, 2011

just experimenting

I had some spare time so I figured I'd experiment with abstract shapes:

Study 01, acrylic & color pencil on paper



Also, a couple of my older works were recently accepted into the Society of Illustators New York Student Competition. It received the Nancy Lee Rhodes Roberts Award and a scholarship to attend this year's Illustration Master Class in Massachusetts. A herd of elephant's worth of GRATITUDE to the Society and SCAD for, again, providing me with all of these opportunities.

7 comments:

  1. Tran this is really cool. I like the combination off loose and rendered shapes its expressive and its different from your other work I say keep experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulation chi <3 This is such a great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat Tran! Well deserved! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work, congratulations from Spain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! It reminds me a lot of something by James Jean. (Who is also fantastic)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work! I like very much your style ;) by a little italian comics illustrator :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work! congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete