Friday, July 22, 2011

hello los angeles

Thank you very much for your kind support last week -- helped calm my lily-livered nerves.
(photos taken by Thinkspace Gallery)

(pre-show preparations)

(the reception)

(drinking water with David Bray)

( spectators spectating)



For purchasing details please contact Thinkspace Gallery at contact@thinkspacegallery.com or visit the availability list.

Currently on display:

I Came Across a Wilting Cognition
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
18 x 25"46 x 64 cm

Just Another Oscillant Deposition
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
14 x 18" 36 x 46 cm

Cast into a Rippled Mentality
acrylic & color pencil
14 x 18" 36 x 46 cm

When the World Isn't Looking
acylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
12 x 15" 30 x 38 cm

Living Parallel to an Infectious Pigment
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
13 x 17" 33 x 43 cm

The Man with the Occupied Hands
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
12 x 14" 30 x 36 cm

Searching for an Uncharted Hypotenuse
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
12 x 14" 30 x 36 cm

Treading Through An Untrimmed Memory
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
21 x 17.5" 53 x 44 cm

The Diameter of a Dim Endeavor
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
10 x 10" 25 x 25 cm

My Conversation with an Angular Thought
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
10 x 10" 25 x 25 cm

In the Corners of Your Equilateral Mind
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
10 x 10" 25 x 25 cm

The Moon is a Foul Intention
acrylic & graphite
Framed and matted
11 x 14" 28 x 36 cm

Confronted with an Over-exposed Marquee
acrylic & graphite
Framed and matted
11 x 14" 28 x 36 cm

It Feels Like a Pallid Empathy
acrylic & graphite
Framed and matted
11 x 14" 28 x 36 cm

Just Another Oscillant Deposition (Process Sketch)
graphite
Framed and matted
14 x 18" 36 x 46 cm

Living Parallel to an Infectious Pigment (Process Sketch)
graphite
Framed and matted
13 x 17" 33 x 43 cm

Treading Through An Untrimmed Memory (Process Sketch)
acrylic & color pencil
Framed and matted
9.5 x 8" 24 x 20 cm



P.S. I found a new hobby. It's called "planking."


13 comments:

  1. Great work, I like how you use the paper forms, hahah I want play planking too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, your paintings are just so beautiful; acrylic paint is so hard to use but you make it look effortless. i hope that the show went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You works are endlessly beautiful !!
    Mind if I publish your work on my blog?(a dedication)
    www.venomfame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are also one of the planking women, as well as being this great of an artist I am truly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smell new inspiration from a certain Italian renaissance.

    As always, gorgeous work, beautiful textures and lighting and the rest of the "oh Tran! You so amazing" speech.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So how did it go? did you sell well? what was the response from the people that came and the gallery? wishing you the best.

    Peace,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work so much ♥..I wish I could go...but I don't live in the US D:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Ms. Tran Nguyen
    YOU ARE SIMPLY AMAZING.
    I can truly say that I admire you and I am proud to say that you're an inspiration to me and to my art work
    Thank you for being who you are
    I just need you to know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very impressed by your brilliant artworks! Especially your portraits are sophisticated! It´s all very inspiring to me! I follow your activities.

    Please have a look at my photorealistic portraits at: http://portraits2null.blogspot.com/

    Best regards from germany - Lars

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been following your works way way back, and I can say that you're improving so well! Your works are deep, well-executed, and lovely. Keep it up, and thanks for being such an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all very much for the sweet remarks! The show was a blast and I hope you guys enjoyed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i hoped you sold everything,
    an artist like you needs money to buy more materials!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is great! I really love this kind of artwork, reminds me of this:
    Drawings Paintings Prints
    Love drawings!

    ReplyDelete