Tuesday, July 12, 2011

the synapse between here & there


You are cordially invited to:


THE SYNAPSE BETWEEN HERE & THERE
Opening reception | Saturday, July 16th 5-8pm
Thinkspace Gallery
6009 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232

Exhibition runs from July 16th - August 6th.

The Synapse Between Here and There further develops the concept behind my previous show Nurturing the Uneased Soul. Instead of focusing on the tribulations in life, I'm interested in representing the human mind, in physical form, as it responds to a universal circumstance. By definition, a synapse is “the region at which a nervous impulse passes from one neuron (here) to another (there).” I believe this is where we find the raw and visceral reactions of our psyche. It's the personification of a psychological impulse, with a splash of surrealism and a pint of fantasy.

Also, I had a lovely time answering Erratic Phenomena's interview questions.
I'll see you in California.


P.S. Andrew Hem's Cold Water also opens up this Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. I really wished I could go there and see your works in real ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I'm a fan of yours!
    I love your imagination and surrealism.
    What technique do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your works are so touching... I wish I could go to Cali to see your show, but alas I am stuck in the Midwest! Good luck with it (not that you'll need it!)

    ReplyDelete